Pickled Tomato Chutney
1 jar of pickled tomatoes (spices and dill removed)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 onion, peeled and sliced
2 teaspoons madras curry powder
salt and pepper
- In a dry saucepan, combine curry, sugar and onion.
- Place on medium heat -- the sugar will begin to melt.
- Caramelize the mixture for a few minutes, then add in contents of the jar.
- Reduce the mixture until thick (about half), and blend in a food processor.
- Cool and refrigerate.
- Enjoy! This chutney is great on grilled meats, fish and vegetables.